“We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are. “

We are all seeking out that someone better we know we can be, however, there is a funny little trick to actually becoming it…

“We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are. “


This is a simple, yet awesomely life-altering truth – You cannot become what you want by remaining what you are. I mean, if you were already what you wanted, then naturally you could remain the same, but that is rarely the case when you’re seeking change.

To become what you want to be, to actively embody the person you want to be, you simply cannot remain the same as you are right now. You need to begin to make the shifts and changes that will bring forth and highlight the You that you want to be.

Now, I don’t know about you, but sometimes all the talk about change can feel utterly exhausting. Like, the change is constant and never-ending, and ugh. And yes, it is that, but – and this is kind of an important but – change doesn’t have to be unpleasant, grueling work.

This is especially true when you are working towards your ideal self. This is the time when an entire world of potential and possibilities open up and are yours to choose from and cultivate. How amazing is that?!

I speak from a place where I had to be (and if I’m being completely honest, still need to be) told this. I have been in the gloomy, doomy, negative place of “There is so much that I need to change! It’ll take so much work! What if I fail? What if I suck? What if…blah, blah, blah…”. The truth I’m discovering is that if I am so unhappy and unfulfilled with where I’m at, then working to change that and get where I want to be is not going to be worse than remaining and the odds are fairly great that I’ll end up somewhere much, much better. So far, I’m winning/win for trying and the more I actively choose to make the change a positive the more enjoyable and delightful the process and outcome.

Last year actually placed a rather bold, unavoidable spotlight on several situations that I was completely unhappy with but had just been letting remain the same. The spotlight made it impossible to just let them be anymore and I was forced to confront myself and my stagnation. Sounds harsh, right? Well, it most certainly was and it didn’t have to be – which in many ways made it worse. I had allowed myself to stall on my journey to what I wanted and desired by passively remaining the same. After a lot of upset and soul-searching, I am regaining my equilibrium and I am choosing to actively appreciate my path to what I want.

Of course, it won’t always be easy or fun but it will always work out for the best and so long as I am moving towards my goals, even if it’s minute, I know it will be worth it. I am devoted to getting what I want and desire and I am willing to let go of what I currently am in favor of what I know I can and will be. It’s not a loss, it’s again and an incredibly positive one at that!

Just remember as you make your way through your life that to become what you want you cannot remain what you are and that’s more than okay!

Stay Shinning Always,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Unlocking Server Excellence: The Journey to CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 Certification"

Server+ Saga: Navigating the Depths of CompTIA Server+ SK0-005 Certification

Cybersecurity Chronicles: A Journey through CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 Exam